Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Proud to be Canerican

As many of you already know, from previous posts and the fact that I like to introduce my self as ½ Canadian and ½ American…(Canerican, if you will), that I really love Canada. It’s possible it bothers people that my sisters and I love Canada a little bit more than America, but don’t get your panties in a twist people. I love America too. Did you know that today is Canada Day? Even though I’ve never been to an amazing Canada Day celebration (fireworks are banned! WHAT?) I’m proud to celebrate and wear a big maple leaf on my shirt and shout ‘Eh’ to everyone I know…but I can’t because I’ll be at my best friends wedding all day and I don’t think she would like my red cape and maple leaf in the pictures. Too bad.

I thought I’d share with you reasons for my love of Canada and some pictures that will make you jealous and you’ll want to come on the next trip with Jon and I! A little tour of Canada if you will.

Sprout Lake


Cathedral Grove




Victoria




Cliff Jumping at Stamp Falls

Canadian Sunsets



And the best part?

When I got to share all of this with him.







Happy Canada Day Eh...

5 comments:

Marie said...

I remember your canada love from oakcrest! I think it's great, eh! My dad would love you...he went there on his mission and always sings their national anthem in a huge voice around the house. Not kidding. "OH Canada!!!!...."

Gennaveeve said...

I loved Victoria! I went there in high school with our music department! And your one picture that doesn't have a title, we performed there and for the life of me I can't remember what it's called!!! But wee went to Buschart Gardens and LOVED it! I am very jealous! Have so much fun on your trip and Happy Canadian Day!!!

Seth and Sarah said...

Happy Canada Day to you too! Thanks for the post Jess...and you're welcome for creating the word 'canerican'. We truly need to get ourselves up there...and pronto!

Kevin and Sheri said...

Happy Canada Day to you too!! I did sing a little of the National Anthem yesterday(we're a day ahead in Australia). Thanks for the walk down "memory lane". Great photos, eh!

Jessie said...

Oh my gosh, Marie, where did your dad serve his mission? My dad served there too, I wonder if they know each other??