Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Green Thumb

Last summer I got all pumped about having a yard to plant flowers in. I was overly ambitious and went a little crazy. A few weeks later I was barfing on a regular basis because we were having Conner, and I became a hermit for the majority of the summer. Alas, the yard did not make it. Basically everything I planted died...it really was sad.

So this year I made a goal to go a little more simple and make sure to give the yard some love. Jon has done most of the clean up from the winter. With crazy weeds and the amount of flower beds my parents have, it has been quite the task for him. It's a good thing he likes yard work. As for me, I just make sure it looks pretty. And last week Beth volunteered to help me remove these hideous dead bushes.



I told her that I was going to brag on my blog about how hard it was and how we did it together, but who am I kidding...everyone is going to know it was all her. She's way stronger than I am.

I'm happy to take credit for the pretty things. I hope they stay alive this summer, my goal was to have a pretty decent yard for my mom when she gets home!





This tree is almost pretty enough to hide the barbed wire in the back.





P.S Parents....in case your forgot, your grandson gets cuter by the day.

2 comments:

Kevin and Sheri said...

Conner is way cuter than my yard....but I do want to drive up and say "Wow, my yard looks amazing"....remember the year I got back from Canada and the weeds were 2 feet high....I wasn't very happy. Let's make sure that doesn't happen. Love that Grandson of ours!

Becky said...

Jessie don't beat yourself up too much about the bushes.... a lot of rose bushes and laurels and others didn't make it through the winter. Just take baby steps and you'll get the green thumb that you want.

connor is a doll! love his face!