Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a...

I was out on our balcony the other day enjoying the view and I noticed a little something. What is that?



I got a little closer. Is THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!




A TARANTULA!

I'm about to lose it, but Conner is sleeping so I'm holding in my terror. Jon calmly comes out and says...

"Oh I noticed that when we moved in. It's a fake."

WHAT?!



"Yeah, they use them so scare away the bugs, like they use gargoyles on buildings to scare away the birds."

Seriously. It looks so real, I'm freaked to go out there anymore. I had a dream that night that it came to life and crawled in our window. It's like the childhood dream that your barbies came to life at night but....really horrible. Stupid bugs. They ruin everything....even a balcony with a view.

5 comments:

Brittanie said...

That's hilarious! I never would have even thought it would be fake! I don't even know what I would have done if it was real and James wasn't home! Call animal control? haha

Becky said...

I have never heard of a fake spider to scare away bugs....I want to know if it works!

The Stone's said...

Oh my gosh!!! I almost had a heart attack! So glad it's not real! I miss you! Let's play soon!

Team Jensen said...

Okay, we're dying with both terror and laughter right now. I want to know if this really works! Though, what kinds of bugs is it supposedly going to scare away??

Seth and Sarah said...

Gross!!!!! You need to move....hehehehhee