Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This is Jessie...

(In NYC eating a black and white cookie)


I feel a little silly introducing myself now that I've already blogged a few times, but I've had a few people ask about me and Jon, so I thought...why not share some fun facts about us. So here it goes...

Facts about Jessie...

My parents thought I was a boy until I came out and graced them with a wonderful surprise....they still named me Jessie, they just added the I.

I have an addiction to shoes...my husband is grateful that they are almost always very cheap shoes.

I'm very talented at 'take it yourself' pictures

I like myself a catchy tune. Right now I'm enjoying JT and Timbaland's "Carry Out." But don't watch the music video....is scandalous.

I'm 6 years older than my little sister but people look at us and think I'm the younger one...people tell me that one day I'll be grateful for that. I just don't know how to explain the fact that I'm embarrassed people still think I'm 18.

I've run 3 marathons.

I once hit and killed a great dane.....I think I might know what it feels like to hit a small deer...they are pretty much the same size.

I really miss my parents.

I once went an entire summer only showering once a week, and unless you were there you cannot judge me. I really value my sleep and the whole summer I chose to sleep instead of shower....and you would have too.


I think that's enough for one post, don't you? Just wait until you hear Jon's list...it involves infatuation for a special Disney character...

9 comments:

Al and Jenny said...

Mmm...I want to eat a black and white cookie! Was it good?

Loved learning all the things about you and can't wait to see what Jon has to say.

Cute pics, Jess!!

Al and Jenny said...

I just reread your lower post about dating. Good for you guys! Jessie, you are such a good writer...so funny :) I want to see the Queen Victoria movie too. I will always have a tender place in my heart for the Broadway. That's where I saw Napolean Dynamite for the first time. There were about 7 people in the theater and Al and I were dying laughing. Saw In America there too. Sniff sniff...really starting to miss the Broadway now.

Seth and Sarah said...

Awww...Jesh. Once again, you didn't disappoint with this post. Also, just to add my little tidbit about you, you are very witty and make me laugh until I snort...often. Love you.

Kevin and Sheri said...

Was it after one of the marathons you didn't bathe, we're confused? We were always told that you were adopted, did you miss that tidbit of information? You always deliver on the laughs though, so witty. Keep up the fun blog. Can't wait for Jon's, he's always good for a laugh. Someone explain why Beth never leaves comments,she's the funny one in the family? I think she's being outdone. Bravo Jess.

Sally Ann said...

You're my best friend! Ha ha love the Jessie facts, especially the following in order of favorites:
"Carry Out" Love it!! Love that you love it!!

The shoe fettish!!

I would chose sleep over a shower anyday:) Maybe not anyday, but most days!

Hailey Jones said...

i always talked on the phone.
what a weirdo.
but i did shower too. so i wouldn't stink like you.
i miss you a lot a lot a lot.
so can we get together soon. i need some of those raspberry treats again.

LOVE YOU!

The Stone's said...

OH MY HECK I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! I love that you said Scandalous and I love that you are so unashamed of only showering once a week! We needed us some sleep! Remember the tree sap on the inside of your wall that turned out to be rat pee. I think you should talk about that next!

Tyson S. H. said...

I remember you being addicted to LOST for a while. Then I got addicted to LOST, and now I'm pretty sure you don't watch it anymore!

Thanks. A. Lot. ;)

Glad to see you crazy kids are doing well.

Mike and Corie said...

haha, could that summer possibly be the summer of 2005? AKA Oakcrest!
Seriously, sleep won over smelling good!
I Loved Shayla's comment too, haha, I remember when you guys came running out of the cabin screaming as little baby rats infested your cabin. HAHA so gross.
I Love that commercial too, it makes me laugh to hard. My favorite part is "I'm on a horse!"