Monday, October 4, 2010

The Twin Cities

At the end of August Jon and I were able to visit his brother in the Twin Cities. His parents and his sister were able to come as well, and even though we missed Dr. Al, we had a really good time. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have, but like they say.....a baby changes everything. Even your picture taking abilities.

The Shaw's have become big boaters. Jon's brother made sure we had a great time and made sure everyone tried something new. Jon became quite the wake boarder






The kids took a couple of face plants on the tube..funny for us, not so funny for them.

Pre-face plant

Jenny gave us a good laugh trying to get up on the knee board, and even though I missed it...Derek gave everyone quite a show when he gave Jon a nice birthday present with a glance of him in red bikini bottoms....classic. I will not however be sharing any of those photos with you.









We were lucky enough to find tickets to a Twins game in the new Target stadium.













It was pretty much the VIP treatment. Waiters to bring you drinks, comfy padded seats, private bathrooms. That's how I think all sporting events should be. The Twins won in a pretty intense game and it made me more of a baseball fan than ever before.



We had a few late nights enjoying a little rock band. The kids even got into it.

All in all we loved our visit to Minnesota. I loved being with all the Shaw's. It's a shame we didn't document it better, but I know we'll be back and I've promised myself I'll do better in the photo department next time....I hope.

2 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

Oh the joys of living by a body of water....and in a city with a major league baseball team. I need to move. Love the photos...you are looking mighty adorable these days Jesh...

Kevin and Sheri said...

That would be my dream, to have a boat and live by a lake. Some people have all the luck. By the way there aren't lakes in Australia, or very few if any. Too bad...but hey that's where the "crocs" live so I'm not sure I'd be diving into anything but the ocean anyways. Good photos...reminds me of trying to "dump" Jon last year in Canada. That was fun! Mom