Sunday, August 21, 2011

Park Hoppers

This weekend we decided to check out some of the cities parks. Beware...if you don't like pictures, skip this post....there are lots of them coming your way.

Our first stop was





I find it so bizzare that people go to parks here to sunbathe. I would only do that in the privacy of my backyard...although I will say that during my teenage years I know one of my neighbors used to spy on me through the fence. Creep. Anyway...this park was full of them!



This art work is on display for the summer. It's a greek god and is supposed to be symbolic of peace and serenity in the midst of the city.





In case you can't read the sign, this tree was a gift to the city from President James Madison when they opened the park in 1836.





The park is right across the stree from this little beauty. The Flat Iron Building.



Next Stop



Hello George.



And a nice little shot of the Empire State Building.



I'd show you some of the shots of the park...but let's be honest, they all start to look the same, at least to you. We noticed a huge difference in the type of people who hang out at each park. It's so fun to people watch.

And our last park of the day was...



That fountain was full of adults and kids alike....frolicking.





We attempted to get a family picture...Conner got Jon right in the eye.



This guy was totally like the lady on Mary Poppins. Covered in pigeons. This picture looks like they are attacking him, but they were just sitting and enjoying the bread he was feeding them. 'Tuppence a bag' anyone?



And my favorite part of the day was listening to this guy



He was playing under this huge arch, and the acoustics were incredible. Sarah and Beth would have died. Jon and I agreed that we would go and listen to him for date night instead of going to the symphony.



And that was our day park hopping. I can't wait to see more of the city.

P.S Here's a little something to keep the grandparents happy. He loves New York.














6 comments:

Team Jensen said...

Thanks for a fun tour! That little man of yours is SOOOO stinkin' cute! Must be that he's my birthday twin. Can't help but love a birthday twin! heehee!

Seth and Sarah said...

I miss Conner! Bring him back to me. Now. Oh, and I guess I miss you and Jon too....but not as much.

mattandev4@yahoo.com said...

I agree with Sarah, bring that cute boy back, not you Jon....Conner. Looks like you are having a great time. Thanks for letting us all enjoy New York vicariously! We're having a great time in Canada, hiking to Angel Falls today.

The Stone's said...

Holy crap that baby looks like his momma! He is so stinkin' cute! Your adventures look so fun! Keep the updates comin'!

Brittanie said...

Looks like it is beautiful there! Is it super hot? My favorite is the pigeon lady! haha! Only in NY! Looks like Conner is enjoying himself as well=)

Becky said...

Jessie- I love all your posts! I've only been to NYC once and we went in December.....and it was freezing!!!! I guess it's time for another trip, but in the warmer weather! I loved our trip in december, but I vowed to never go back in the snow! glad you're having a good time exploring, good luck hunkering down!
Becky