Thursday, August 11, 2011

These streets will make you feel brand new


The view from our apartment


After months of anticipation we are finally here. The cross country plane ride with a baby turned out pretty well. We sat by a bunch of teenagers who at times were louder and more annoying than Conner. After a great taxi ride from our friend Manjit, who invited us over to his house in Queens for some Indian tea, we checked in and unloaded our life and settled in.

This morning consisted of our first grocery shopping trip, which I thought was very successful and I am happy that the store is so close. We met a nice man in the elevator who told us that he had a 3 week old baby and they like to order their diapers on Diapers.com . Apparently it is same day deliver here in the city. I think I'll be taking advantage of that. Also, they have grocery delivery as well, all of this online ordering will be new for me. I'm not a big online shopper, but apparently will become one.

Conner seems to be taking it all in. He gets 'ooh's' and 'aah's' on the street. He's a pretty big hit in the little baby carrier that we have.

We plan on hitting one of our favorite Cuban places on Saturday and strolling in the park this weekend....

Admit it, you're jealous.

7 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

Heck yes I'm jealous! However, I'd only like to visit you there...not live there with my two kids. We Mert's miss you...

The Stone's said...

Ahhh! You're there! And I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures!

Jed Eastman said...

So awesome! You're gonna love it.

Al and Jenny said...

Yes. I am very jealous!! I can't wait to hear about all the great places you see and all of the great places you eat.

I'm glad Conner is adjusting well :)

Marie said...

Um, yes I AM jealous! How fun for you guys! I would love to move back east again.

Gennaveeve said...

I am very jealous! But as much as I'd love to back and visit, I'm not sure I could live in the city, so kudos to you! Hope you have a great time!!

Team Jensen said...

Oh heck yeah! I'm VERY jealous! Though, online shopping is a regular for me. Must be a side affect of having 2 1/2 kids and a busy busy life. ENJOY!!!