Sunday, March 13, 2011

And a Baby Makes Three...




(We are so happy to be starting this thing!!)
Baby Shaw is here!










(Bath Time)


I need to first apologize to my parents for making them wait for pictures. I thought I would have more time, but recovery is a bit harder than I anticipated.

Things started on Thursday night, I was induced around 1 A.M. Things were going pretty good during the morning and then we weren't making a lot of progress by mid afternoon. Around 6:00 his heart rate wasn't doing very well so we were taken to do a C-Section. Things went pretty quickly after that and he was finally here.

Still no name. We are working on it really hard I promise....I think it's me who is holding up the game, but it's such a big decision! I'm torn! As soon as we figure out what we (I) want, I'll let you know!

Baby Boy Shaw
Born : March 11, 2011
Time: 6:22 P.M
Weight: 9 lbs 15 oz
Length: 22 1/2 inches

We are all doing great. He is so cute and I promise I'll put up more pictures as soon as we get home.

Wish you were here Mom and Dad! We love you and miss you and Baby Shaw can't wait to meet you! Just a few more months!

11 comments:

Kevin and Sheri said...

Yeah, for our new Grandbaby Shaw. Come on you two, choose a name! He is beautiful, and by the looks of the size of his head I'm glad you didn't have to try to deliver him. I'm glad baby and Mom are doing well...and yes we've been waiting all day long for the photos.

Seth and Sarah said...

Quit whining mom. No worries I was on hand to represent the 'Mertin' side...since none of the rest of you were there!!! He's dang cute with Jessie's nose! Yay for the Mertin genes!

Gennaveeve said...

Yay!! Congrats you two! He's so very very cute, I'm glad he finally came!

Angie said...

Big baby, nice job! He is a cutie and I can't wait to hear the name. Make sure you take care of yourself and let yourself recovery. Congratulations!

Karen said...

Congrats! He was born on Bryce's birthday! That means I'll always remember his birthday! And picking a name is hard. We didn't have Brooke's for a few days!

Bailey Family said...

Yeah Congratulations! I have been waiting for this post!!! So excited for you, he looks adorable. I will be checking back to hear what you end up naming him. Enjoy every minute of that sweet little guy and hold him as much as possible!!!

Becky said...

Hooray! Hope you're doing well and adjusting and healing! take it easy as can be, and hold him as much as you can! good luck!

The Fauxes said...

congrats!!! He's such a cutie. I'm with your mom - good thing you didn't push him out on your own!!! Hope recovery goes well!

Al and Jenny said...

I echo what Becky said...take it easy and just hold that little babe all day long. Wear pajamas for a month! No housework! You get the idea... :)

Congratulations on Beuf. I am so homesick that I'm not there to get my turn holding him!!

He is a doll and I love the chub.

Marci said...

Congratulations to the new parents.
You will love cuddling with that cute baby boy every minute. Glad he is here and all is well - but serious almost a 10 lb for your first baby! He is a big boy.

Russ & Aubrie said...

LeeLee!! He is prefect!! I love him!! I can sympathize with your delivery, thats how our dear one was born also!! Congrats on being strong!! I love that he was over 9 pounds!! I want a big baby so bad!! He is beautiful congrats!!