Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting...

At the beginning of February Jon was out of town and I put myself on bed rest because I was too nervous the baby was going to come while he was gone...and now here we are days before the due date and still no baby. Babies really have a mind of their own. My Dr. told me weeks ago that he didn't think I would make it to my due date, and now we are discussing other options in case I go past my due date.

Since I'm too huge to do much anymore, I've come up with a few projects to work on as I sit on the couch. I'm not much to take pictures of things that I make, but I'm 9months pregnant, so I can brag all I want.


This is a quilt I made for Jon. My very first attempt at sewing since High School and I have to say...I'm quite proud of how it turned out.



Apparently old school cloth diapers make the best burp cloths...you really need the thicker fabric to soak up all that spit up....so I did my best to make them cuter. My sister and I had a good time making them together. We really have no idea what we are doing when it comes to sewing machines. We needed our mom there to help us.


These are some receiving blankets that I made and then crocheted around the edges. I love crocheting. I'm pretty sure I was probably 9 or 10 when my mom first taught me how, and even though it may be old lady-ish...it's the best thing to do while you hang out on the couch watching episode after episode of Gilmore Girls.

I have two more things to finish up and then you get pictures of the nursery. Sorry to anyone who doesn't care, but we have too many family members who aren't here to celebrate with us so endure the nursery pictures.

Cross your fingers that we only have a few days left.

9 comments:

Al and Jenny said...

I'm so impressed! You've been busy! I wish I knew how to crochet the edges of baby blankets. I got a couple of those types when James was born and they are my favorites. They are so cute and the perfect weight of blanket. Love the burp clothes and the blanket too.

C'mon Beuford!! What are you waiting for?!

Kyle and Amanda said...

Ah! I am so far out of it... i didn't even know you are/were pregant! I bet you are so cute. You are one of the prettiest ladies I know so I can't imagine it anyother way. Good luck with everything!

Andrea Steffensen said...

Cute Cute Cute!!! Can't wait to hear about the new little guy! Hang in there, my mom always said that nobody ever stay pregnant forever... doesn't make you feel any better though!

Gennaveeve said...

Everything is so amazing Jess! What a crafty little mommy you are!! I hope you get to have a baby soon! We're crossing our fingers!

Becky said...

good luck jessie! That little one will come when ready, and it's so hard to wait! I went to or after my due date 3 times...the last came 5 days early....I just decided not to expect an early baby. Enjoy every minute of it! labor and delivery are my favorite because of the excitement involved!

The Stone's said...

Finger crossed! Can't wait to see baby Shaw!!!!

Gavin and Mallory said...

Looks like you have kept busy. It was good seeing you the other day and we can't wait to see your big baby!

Marie said...

Excited to hear how it all goes! YOu will be a wonderful mom. Awesome projects!

Kevin and Sheri said...

You're turning out Jessie. Cute blankets...you might need a sewing machine soon....hummmm.Love you and miss you. You're going to be a great MOM.