Monday, March 7, 2011

When You're Overdue

Being 3 days over your due date isn't fun. Most people can tell you are overdue...and in my case (I'm huge) I get pity looks everywhere I go, it's very annoying. I love and appreciate how concerned people are about me, but what I really want is to get this baby out of me. I sound really grouchy, but I'm not. I think I still have a pretty good attitude, I haven't yelled at anyone yet.

I've been weirdly obsessed with cleaning my house, checking and re-checking my hospital bag, and making sure my toes are cute...even though no one really cares, I want cute toes. Jon volunteered to give me a pedicure....by far one of my favorite things that he's done for me during the pregnancy. He was so intent on doing a good job, and I loved it.





We finished the nursery, and here are some pictures. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm sure more things will come once he's here, like pictures...but it's done for now. Enjoy...









I would say cross your fingers that something happens before Thursday, but I'm pretty sure it won't....I'm thinking Thursday or Friday is the day. We'll keep you all posted!

8 comments:

Karen said...

I was hoping this would be a post with cute baby pictures! I don't know what it's like to be over your due date, but I would assume it's not much fun! Hang in there! He'll be here any day now.

Bailey Family said...

LEe LEE!! I am so so excited for you! I cant wait to see pictures of your sweet baby. What an exciting time in your life. I do have to tell ya that you are not the only one, I went 5 days over due before they had to induce me so I will be sending extra happy thoughts your way that you get to go into Labor SOON! Love the anticipation though and I am so looking forward to hearing your good news. hang in there!!! Love you!

Kevin and Sheri said...

Love the nursery! Looks like you're already for your new little baby boy. I'm excited for some pictures. I'm hoping for curly hair like Jon's. Can't wait to be a Grandma again. It's the BEST!

Amy said...

Your Nursery looks great Jessie. I'm so surprised you are overdue since the doctor thought you'd have him early. I have been thinking about you a lot. I hope you have a smooth delivery. Love you!

Amy said...

Your Nursery looks great Jessie. I'm so surprised you are overdue since the doctor thought you'd have him early. I have been thinking about you a lot. I hope you have a smooth delivery. Love you!

Becky said...

You can do it Jessie! In no time you'll be am mother and caring for a sweet baby. These last few days are hard, but they will be over soon!
Good Luck and enjoy!

The Fauxes said...

Oh Jess! I'm SO SO SO excited for you. There's nothing like holding your little one for the first time. A little advice...make your hubby sleep at home. He'll need to be well rested so he can help you when you get home from the hospital. Prepare for major sleep deprivation, but remember that cuddling with your little one in the wee hours of the morning is one of the best parts of being a mom! Invest in some major maxi pads, TUCKS, Lanolin, and make sure you have undies that fit you right now - you'll need them! Don't worry if nursing doesn't come easy - keep trying and do what works best for you and baby and don't worry about what anyone else thinks! Good Luck - and enjoy this experience - it's one of the greatest!

Seth and Sarah said...

I really wish I could see your cankles in those toe painting photos. They are a sight! Come out baby!!!!