Thursday, March 17, 2011

Conner

Hours before we had to checkout of the hospital, we decided on a name....finally. I know people (my mom) were getting a little annoyed that we didn't have a name a little quicker. We needed to feel like it fit him...and this one does.

Conner Jonathan Shaw


Things are going pretty well. I'm feeling better and better every day, although I know it will take a while before I'm completely able to do everything I want to. You really discover how much you use those muscles, and how much you can't do when they've been cut up and re-arranged!









We are definitely in love. He is a big snuggler, but is very spazy when he sleeps. It's pretty funny to watch. We had our first projectile vomit situation last night....Jon and I both weren't really prepared for that on his 5th day of life, but we did it and everything turned out. I find the key is to take it a day at a time. I don't focus on many things in the near future, just today, and I love it.





I'll do my best to keep up with the pictures and hopefully I'll get the hang of things a little better, and am able to actually put on makeup, because I look pretty awesome most of the time! I did shower today which is a step in the right direction! Wish us luck!

9 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

I'm so loving the abdominal binder you're sportin' in the last photo! Boo on C-sections. You look beautiful with make up on or not sister of mine...and motherhood suits you wonderfully!

Angie said...

He is just so yummy. What a cutie and you look beautiful as well. Take time to recover, you'll bounce back faster than you think.

Kevin and Sheri said...

Great pictures Jessie....I especially love the hang mouth ones. Those are the best. He is one big boy, but adorable. This is going to be the best years of your life so far. Motherhood is fabulous!

The Fauxes said...

Oh man...I remember thinking the same things about a shower. The first day that I took one after we got home it was a major accomplishment! Slowly but surely I had time to do my hair, AND put on makeup. I was sure I was never going to get to that point - but I did!
Just keep taking it one day at a time. The BEST advice I have gotten is this: At first, everyday will continue to get better and better. Just when you get a little confidence things will fall apart. Just don't panic and don't be surprised when it happens. Cry, wipe your tears, and hope for a better day tomorrow. I've had to remind myself of this SEVERAL times this past month.
Connor is such a cutie! Him and Laney will have to be friends...we'll introduce them once us mommies get things figured out.
Funny about the projectile vomit - Laney did that too! Still the biggest vomit to date. Just wait til you experience projectile poo...that's a fun one!

Gennaveeve said...

I LOVE the name! He's a cute little chunk Jess! I'm so happy or you guys!!

Becky said...

just take your time. It's okay if you have no makeup, just be with him and REST! you'll get in a good schedule and feel much better in a couple months, then things will be easy breazy! Good luck!

aswalker said...

Yeah Jessie! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! He's darling and I LOVE his name!

Amy said...

He's beautiful Jessie! I love his name. I'm glad you are living in the moment. Don't forget to journal when you get a chance so you can look back on your feelings. You think you'll remember, but you just don't with all the lost sleep and living by someone else's schedule. I love you and we'll have to talk soon.

Patsy said...

Jess, I love you blog. You are absolutely beautiful, and that baby is precious. Hang in there, it only gets better and better from here.