Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Looking Up

After a few weeks, I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of the mothering thing. I feel so much better than a few weeks ago....thank you for all the advice. You are all so sweet to offer your feelings and ideas. I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling the way I did.

Things are looking up every day and Conner is doing great. He's gaining lots of weight and helping me lose weight since he's getting so chubby. At our pediatrician's appointment last week he'd already gained almost a pound since birth. I laugh when I put clothes on him and they don't fit and he's only 3 weeks old.

A few photos to share.


Conner has a big mouth and I love when he yawns...it's so dramatic!


He loves to curl up when he sleeps...especially when he snuggles with Jon.


Much to my surprise, Conner really likes bath time. He's very content to sit and enjoy it.

He still cries, but I've become stronger and less frazzled when he does. Eating and sleeping has become easier and every day gets better and better. I'm starting to really like this mom thing.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Just so you know, Layla was having a screaming fit the other day (she typically does everynight at the same time) and I thought of you. :) I figured we were both holding screaming babies trying to figure out what was wrong and what we could (if anything). I'm glad things are improving, I knew they would, and he is absolutely adorable! Totally yummy, what a cutie!!!

Seth and Sarah said...

I love that huge mouth of his! He's Kevin's grandson for sure!! No offense dad....

Gennaveeve said...

He's getting cuter and cuter Jess! I'm glad that your feeling better, I know it's hard at first. But I know that you'll be fantastic! Keep the pictures coming!

The Fauxes said...

Woo Hoo!!! He is so cute Jess. I'm glad you are feeling better about things. This mom thing really is the hardest job in the world - but SO rewarding!

Becky said...

So cute! glad things are getting a little more tolerable. You'll get better at it every day!

Steph and E said...

What a handsome baby boy!!! Yes, we need to get together soon before he's not a newborn anymore!! And if you need anything, On my days off I'm happy to come over and keep you company!

Marci said...

He is a handsome boy. We're glad you are feeling better and are adjusting and enjoying baby Connor.